I really apologize for the lack of blog posts. Seriously. But I have valid excuses.
1) The start of soccer season. As you guys know, I'm a supporter of the Chicago Fire and the Chicago Red Stars. I'm shooting (photos, not people, for a change) for both teams and have been tied up with that, along with general supporters stuff, including meetings that turn into 5 hours of drinking.
2) Grounded. I'm on-call at work for April, and I haven't gotten anywhere. I came back from my trip to find out I had a new boss, and all the fun stuff that entails.
3) Postpartum. It's very strange. When I got back from my Trans-Siberian adventure, I lapsed into a deep depression, which is bad because I'm already clinically depressed to start with. The best way I can figure it out is that I spent so much time planning and obsessing over this trip that when it was over, I felt a real sense of loss. But there's one way to get over it - plan another one. I've got a few minor trips coming up - Seattle tonight/this weekend, London over Memorial Day (you know you're hitting travel burnout when you're thinking - London - bah, no big deal. It's just a short 8 hour flight and they speak funny English, so where's the fun in that?)
4) Sleepthief. I suck at sleeping. :(
5) $$$$. Never buy a Canon 5D Mark II and expect to have pocket change left over. A $2700 camera gets even more expensive, with CPS services, a battery grip and a spare battery for my trip. That turned into close to $3400. So, no fun for Nick for a bit.
6) Twitter. I've been functioning in short bursts, but never much to compose into an actual blog post. So instead, I use Twitter to shout out brief bits of nothing.
I promise once I figure out where I want to go next, and my pursuit of 2 million miles on American Airlines (right now I'm at 1,877,550 lifetime), I'll start blogging more.